Monday, June 13, 2005

Reds Offensive Explosion

When I was listening to the game yesterday, I thought, hey, we're getting some starting pitching, scoring some runs, winning some guys--even against good teams. Hey, I thought, this is a formula success.

Along comes Baseball Musings, one of my favorite sites, with an analysis that says I was half right. We were scoring runs. We weren't stopping them as well as I thought. This anlaysis shows us with a brutal ERA in June.

Of course, if you get a smaller sample--and I know that no statistitician worth anything EVER does that--I think the story is a little better. Let's look back over the last week. What you see is some guys eating some innings up, and with that, you finally get a bullpen getting some rest and you're at least in some games.

Now, one last trend to note. Who got lit up tonight, and who was the last guy to get lit up before that. That's right, the brutal Eric Milton. That guy has got to be thrown into the bullpen to see if he can put it together. He may be the worst FA acquisition we have ever made.

Ortiz lasted 7 IP--though a poor outing.
Claussen went 8.
Harang went 7.
Hudson went 6.
Milton went 5.

No comments :