Thursday, April 21, 2005

Falcons in the Draft

I've been meaning to put more time to this, but haven't had time. The NFL draft is coming up, which has not trypically been kind to even the top MAC players. With that in mind, a brief prognostication.

Scott Mruczkowski--I believe Scott will be the only Falcon drafted, and he will go on day two for sure, and probably after the fifth. But he could go in the fifth. I believe he has a shot at making an NFL roster.

Cole Magner--As a recent analysis I saw said, he doesn't project well. I don't believe Cole will be drafted. I believe he will be an UDFA, and if he gets the right situation, he stands a good shot at making a roster. He could also crap out if he's in the wrong position.

Keon Newsom--I believe Keon will be a UDFA somewhere, but is unlikely to latch onto an NFL roster come Fall.

James Hawkins--Hawk has come onto some Falcon boards and talked about being courted by the Steelers. Lots of talk right now. I don't believe that Hawk will be a UDFA and I don't believe he stands even a remote shot at playing in the NFL.

No comments :