Monday, April 17, 2017

New Chris Jans Update

Well, earlier last week we thought we had located Chris Jans' location for the next season.  Today, it was learned that he is heading back into head coaching at New Mexico State.  Most of the commentary is the same as before....Jans is a proven winning coach at non-D1 schools and that is important to me.  And then, of course, every mid-major would take what the Shockers have going.  And he did a great job with the BG program during his one year at BG.  Now, on the other hand, I'm not sure that first recruiting class was going anywhere, so that probably counts in the opposite direction.  This is a pretty good opportunity for him.  The Aggies have been successful, winning the WAC in 5 of the last 6 years.  The job came open when the former coach was hired by arch-rival New Mexico.

As I said when he was just thought to be returning to the bench in Wichita, I am rooting for him and I do think he will be a successful coach at D1.

1 comment :

joel said...

He's paid his dues for the BG behavior incident and I wish him success too.