Sunday, December 12, 2004

Lions Blow Another One

I think what disoriented us was that when we left the field at halftime, and fans were booing and it WASN'T our fans--well, hell, that has to throw a guy off.

Really, we were lucky it was as close as it was. The Packers who handing the game over throughout the first half, and only a team as incompetent as the Lions could only have been up 13 at the half. The second half felt like a foregone conclusion most of the way. Farve does respond when cornered. Joey does not.

I like Kevin Jones...I like him a lot. He's a great pick up. I like Dick Jauron--I think he gets those guys as ready to play as anyone can. I like Hanson. The rest of them I can take or leave.

I mean Joey was 5 of 22. We gained only 45 yards in the air. It doesn't matter how hard the wind was blowing. Its not all Joey's fault. Plenty of drops out there. Protection was OK, but not great. Still, it becomes harder and harder to imagine Joey being the guy who leads this team to the Super Bowl.

Well, above .500 is gone now. A .500 season remains a remote possibility. If we can put anything together at all, we can beat the Vikes at Ford next week, as they ride through their annual November-December purple fade.

On the whole, another disappoointing season. Let's hope we can finally get some more help from the draft. Do you draft QB?

No comments :