Thursday, March 19, 2015

MAC Men's Basketball Check in...

A few updates.

First, BG is set up to play Canisius (gesundheit) on Saturday at the Stroh.

In other MAC news...

Buffalo plays Friday against West Virginia.  The Bulls are a sexy upset pick--I have them--but in general it worries me because it seems like every year the sexy upset pick that everyone tells you to take ends up losing.  Also, I think much of the public acclaim is about Hurley.  Buffalo is playing at a high level and I think they could beat WVU, though I guess WVU is getting a couple injured guys back.

Other than BG and Buffalo, only Kent remains in action.

Kent won by 12 @Middle Tennessee State.  They play @Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Sunday.
In perhaps the worst MAC result, WMU lost by 29 at home to Cleveland State.  This is what I mean when I say that sometimes a team just doesn't feel like playing in the CIT.
EMU lost at LA-Monroe.
CMU lost in the NIT in a very tough assignment, playing at a Louisiana Tech.

No comments :