Monday, January 16, 2012

Blogpoll: Pre and post test


So, with the college football season, I thought it would be fun to look at the blogpoll I started with back in August and the final ballot I cast as the season ended.

It is sobering.

First, however, my pre-season #1 did end up winning it.  There are others that were not too bad.  I had Oregon, Akransas, Boise, TCU, West Virginia pretty close.  I think the South Carolina pick was not bad, given what might have been expected.

I severely underrated LSU based on their suspensions, which didn't end up making much difference.   I didn't see as much out of Oklahoma State, USC or MSU.  And, I didn't have Michigan or Baylor ranked, and they both ended up in the Top 20.

On the other hand, I REALLY liked Texas A&M and Florida State and they ended up unranked.  (Note yellow on left side).  Notre Dame....sigh...I think I fall for the "they're back" deal every year, especially when you look for a minute at the schedule they play.  The other teams, 18 and below, those are largely crapshoots and not nearly so embarrassing.

In the end, 17 of my original 25 ended up ranked.

The blogpoll is very fun for me.  I enjoy it, and I think was one of a handful of blogs that had a vote every week this year.  Can't wait for next year to start....

No comments :