Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Looking back at MAC Football Predictions....what were you thinking edition

This is take your medicine day Part II....yesterday I looked at an OK/regrettable record on the Falcon games...today I look at a horrifying record picking the MAC.

East:

My Predicted finish, with actual finish in ()

  1. Temple  (3)
  2. Kent  (4)
  3. OU  (2)
  4. BG (5)
  5. Buffalo (7)
  6. Miami (1)
  7. Akron (6)

Yeah, I know.  Pretty horrifying.  My closest pick were BG and Akron, where I was only off by one.  A few notes:

  • I don't feel bad that I didn't see Miami coming, because I don't think anyone did.
  • Temple was really disappointing.  I'm not sure what happened.  They aren't great at QB, but they had lots of other things going for them.  They lost all their big games.
  • I did say that I didn't think Golden would be in the MAC long.
  • I liked Kent.  Their offense did not produce like I thought it could
  • OU scored better than I thought they would, and had better line play.


West:

My Predicted finish, with actual finish in ()


  1. WMU (3)
  2. NIU (1)
  3. UT (2)
  4. CMU (5)
  5. BSU (4)
  6. EMU (6)
A few notes:
  • The only team out of 13 I got in the right place was EMU.  And who couldn't have gotten that?
  • I always overrate WMU.  They are always disappointing--they were playing well by the end though.
  • I did like NIU (and Kill) a lot, though I somehow thought they would lose to WMU.
  • I didn't think that UT would have enough defense to compete.
  • CMU fell farther than I expected, given talent and winning tradition.
  • Ball State and EMU had forgettable seasons.

No comments :