This blog is about Bowling Green first.
And the MAC second.
Rarely do I comment beyond that. Once in a while I feel compelled to opine that "Craig James is a tool" which is still true and always will be.
In that vein, I feel compelled to say the following:
- The Big Ten's latest announcement is self-aggrandizement on a scale that would make the New York Yankees blush.
- The Yankees have retired a shocking portion of the one and two digit numbers in the Arabic system, and may soon have to resort to decimals, cyrillic, roman or representative symbology for their current players
- The Big Ten's establishment of 17 named trophies to honor its football players is simply beyond the pale. Of course, most of them have 2 names, so that the conference could make sure each team, no matter how dreadful (Indiana? The University of Chicago?) was represented on an award.
- The named trophies are self-indulgent, self-congratulatory, and should be embarrassing. We know that there will be a show on the Big Ten Network (a gala!) where the awards will be presented. Classy!
- The naming of the divisions (Leaders and Legends) is an even bigger joke. The SEC went with East and West. I think that might have been the way to go.
- Jim Delaney is the most arrogant, vain man in college football.
Also, the Blade's John Wagner jumps in with some well thought out ideas on why the Big Ten did something short-sighted IN ADDITION to arrogant.