Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blog Poll Week 1B

So Brian, at Mgoblog had a really good idea. Normally, pre-season polls blow. But, our effort was to post a poll, have everyone take a shot at it, and then re-evaluate. Which I have done. I looked at the comments people posted, and made the following adjustments.

I downgraded Georgia and Hawaii. I was convinced that in the predatory SEC, Georgia's youthful team will not be able to maintain a top rating. I think I originally had them higher because I like their coach and program, but accept that I was probably a little blinded. Now, as for Hawaii, they're going to lose once, somewhere, despite having the easiest schedule in the country. And with one loss, they only cling to the Top 25.

I considered downgrading South Carolina, where I was out of step with the mainstream, but I decided not to. I like what the OBC has going on down there. He's a snake in the weeds.


I am not downgrading LSU, despite being called a "fruitcake." I understand USC might win the NFC North. When they face LSU in the title game, an SEC-tested, Les Miles coached LSU team will beat USC by dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and by matching USC in team speed. Much like Florida did last year.

Now, OSU is probably overrated, but, on the other hand, I think Tressel will have that team ready to go.

Rip away.

RankTeamDelta
1 LSU --
2 Southern Cal --
3 Texas --
4 Oklahoma --
5 Michigan --
6 West Virginia --
7 Virginia Tech --
8 Florida State --
9 Louisville --
10 South Carolina --
11 Ohio State 1
12 Penn State 1
13 Wisconsin 1
14 Florida 2
15 Oregon 2
16 Missouri 2
17 Georgia 6
18 Texas A&M 1
19 UCLA 1
20 Alabama 1
21 Tennessee 1
22 TCU 1
23 Nebraska 1
24 Hawaii 9
25 Oregon State 1

Dropped Out: Arizona State (#25).

No comments :