Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Men's Basketball......Fouls in the MAC

OK, so I have wanted to check something for sometime.  It seems to me that there are too many fouls called in the MAC.  When I am at a game, it seems as if the whistle is blowing every ten seconds, and the game never gets into any kind of a flow.  So, I decided to try and see if there really ARE more fouls called in the MAC.

The answer, as you can see below, appears to be not much.  I selected the Big 10, Summit and Horizon as conferences in this area, and then added in the MVC, OVC and C-USA as the range of where we might end up, with MVC and C-USA slightly ahead and OVC below.  As you can see, the number of fouls is pretty much the same in all the conferences.  The difference between the MAC and Big 10 is four fouls a game, and while that is 8% difference, it seems to me that it is not much over a 40 minute game.  How ever you look at it, I expected to see a huge difference and I didn't.

Facts suck.


No comments :