Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ryan is back with #2 in his series of questions...today the defense!

You can see what Ryan has to say on his bladeblog about the Falcon defense.

First, you'll note that I carried on when I commented on his offensive questions that you couldn't tell much from highlights....in fact, I said this....


Say the words to yourself slowly...highlight reel.

So, in this blog, Ryan is commenting on Keith Morgan, who Ryan feels could contribute in the D-backfield, he said:

I understand that everyone looks good in highlights, but Morgan showed a combination of size and agility that I didn’t see from every other DB recruit.
Anyway, other comments on what is a good post:

Ryan is more optimistic than I am. He really liked the spring performance, since the offense is supposed to be good and the defense dominated. I worry because our line is so thin and young that our D-line might have had a better day than they would against a starting MAC offense, and, like Ryan, and maybe more, I worry about depth at LB. John Haneline is a really good football player and we need him to stay healthy.

I will agree with this. If there is a benefit to playing so many young guys, its that you should have a pretty good squad when they get to be upperclassmen. Well, that bill is due now.

I'd love for Ryan to be right. A defense that got off the field even a little more often and could stop the run would make us hard to beat, and if we are pointing to a MAC Title at Ford Field, then eventually they are going to have to line up and stop Dan LeFevour.

Also, if you get a chance, read the Orlando Barrow comment. Quality humor from Ryan.

No comments :