Monday, November 22, 2004

When you root for the Lions

The Scenery Never Changes

Well, you can't be too surprised. That was a classic Lions performance. Play great for about 35 minutes--running the ball, passing effectively, playing good D with good special teams. Ready to win a big game on the road and reverse a losing streak.

No. Because in classic Lions fashion, it was followed by an implosion. Six first downs in three quarters, stupid personal fouls, turnovers, and a defense that was mowed over with essentially no resistance. I can't say I am surprised, but I can't understand it. It was so typical.

4-6. Colts on hand next, so its 4-7. .500 is by the boards, more or less, and this team isn't getting any better...yet. We do have some ability--I like Jones, I like Williams, I think I will like Rogers. I like where the D is headed. We just need help on the Oline, at QB (maybe), and to shed this losing attitude that is infused within the organization.

No comments :