Monday, September 09, 2013

Durkin Returns to Work

The University announced that Bill Durkin has returned to work as offensive line coach at BGSU.  The Sentinel-Tribune has the information here, which contains the conditions that Durkin has to meet to remain employed as a football coach at Bowling Green State University.

When this came out, I said I had confidence it would be handled appropriately.  I know there was a lot of commentary that he had to be released.  I'm not a zero tolerance policy kind of guy.  I don't know Coach Durkin at all, so it is impossible to know what the right thing to do is.  Sometimes a second chance is the right thing to do, sometimes not.

I do know this.  You could argue that the measure of success in life is how well you do with a second chance.

No comments :