Sunday, March 11, 2012

List of Shame grows one shorter

There are now 12 on the list--the list of teams with longer tournament droughts than the BG Falcons.  Note, we're only counting teams that had programs in 1968...there are plenty of teams who have never been at all, but the number of drought years is still less than BG's.

Last year, Centenary dropped out of D1 basketball, in one way leaving the list and in one way ensuring their permanent place on it.  Harvard, after narrowly missing last year, has snapped their dry spell.  It was looking for much of the year that Northwestern might find their way off it, too, but they remain with the rest of us.

Here's the list....maybe next year...

Columbia: Last appeared in 1968
Tennessee Tech: Last appeared in 1963
Yale: Last appeared in 1962
Maine: Division I since 1962
New Hampshire: Division I since 1962
Dartmouth: Last appeared in 1959
Harvard: Last appeared in 1946
Army: Division I since 1948
Citadel: Division I since 1948
Northwestern: Division I since 1948
St. Francis (N.Y.): Division I since 1948
William & Mary: Division I since 1948

No comments :