Sunday, November 15, 2009

Non-Witness Men's Hoops Report



I was going to call this my observations, but since I wasn't at the game, technically the word observation is a little misleading.

First, I think we got a pretty good idea how the rotation will work this season, even though this game was a blow-out.  McElroy and Crawford were the only freshmen to get significant minutes.

I was surprised Goins didn't start.  I wonder if Dee Brown is the guard equivalent to Marc Larson....somebody we like out there for what they do but who doesn't do much that shows up in the scoresheet.

Obviously, Otis going 7-8 is a great thing, and everyone is raving about how good he looks.  He will get tougher tests than Wayne State, and I'm looking forward to him being a force in the middle, which will be critical to our team.

He still got four fouls.

Perhaps most exciting was Scott Thomas, who I think is set up to be a really good MAC player, something he showed against Wayne.  He just combines a lot of variables for us at forward.

Calhoun only got 3 minutes which kind of surprised me.

So, anyway, that's what I saw from looking at the box score.  The team is away against Xavier, which will be a really tough test.  As I said before, I look forward to watching this team develop.

1 comment :

Pepperguy said...

Both men's hoops games on TV this week! Xavier on FoxSportsCinci and the Iowa game on BigTenNetwork!