Monday, November 16, 2009

CBSSports.com Blog Poll Draft

The PAC 10 is causing problems, they are getting into those A beat B but B beat C and C beat A kind of love triangles that make it necessary to put a team behind another team they beat. This is what I came up with.

As I look at it, I think Wisconsin belongs where they are but cannot for the life of me figure out how they went up so much. More thought will be given on this prior to final balloting.





Rank
Team
Delta
1
Florida
1
2
Alabama
1
3
Texas
4
TCU
2
5
Boise State
1
6
Cincinnati
1
7
Georgia Tech
8
LSU
9
Oregon
1
10
Ohio State
6
11
Iowa
2
12
Penn State
9
13
Wisconsin
6
14
Pittsburgh
15
Stanford
9
16
Houston
4
17
Utah
4
18
Oklahoma State
19
Southern Cal
8
20
Arizona
3
21
Oregon State
1
22
North Carolina
23
California
2
24
Virginia Tech
1
25
Brigham Young
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Miami (Florida) (#15), South Florida (#22).

2 comments :

Tim said...

It's not just you so consider this a generic gripe..

How in the world is UCS still ranked, by anyone, under 20? They are 5th in the PAC-10.

Either the PAC ten is an SEC quality conference (laugh) or they are way over rated and it starts with USC?

Orange said...

Well, I would put it like this.

I have USC ahead of Arizona because they both lost to WA, and USC's losses to OR and Stanford are to better teams than AZ (Iowa and and Cal) and USC beat OSU (looking better) and AZ's top win is Stanford. Admittedly, Stanford beat USC, but in the absence of head to head play, I give this to USC, but close

I have USC ahead of Oregon State based on head to head play.

I have USC ahead of UNC because UNC's best win is a barely ranked Va Tech team and they have lost to VA and FSU...two bad loses.

I have USC ahead of CAL based on head to head.

I have USC ahead of Va Tech because with Miami dropping, VA Tech lacks a quality win.

I have USC ahead of BYU because BYU lost to Fla State and does not have a quality win with the demise of OK.

Just my thoughts.