Saturday, October 03, 2009

Well...that felt....um...familiar

Very frustrating night at the Doyt. Was Gregg Brandon in the house?


You can try and say that we lost "on the bounce of a ball" as the university is, but we all know that wasn't really what happened. Even that final bouncing ball should have been caught the first time, as thrown.

That was a winnable game, but Bowling Green made an enormous amount of mistakes and allowed OU to rip off some big plays. While the Falcons did score 37 points, a lack of red zone offense clearly kept us from being ahead of at least being able to tie with a field goal. And the defense was torched way too many times.

There will be more later. For now, four points.

We are now 2-6 over the last two seasons at home.

I don't know what the deal was, but I have been attending football games for 40 years, and I have never seen a coach so relentlessly hectoring the officials as I did tonight. Our Coach was incredible, during timeouts, breaks, whatever, he was arguing with the officials, gesturing, waving his arms. Most of the time he was one the field. Some of the time he was inside the numbers.

I was at the game. I don't have any idea what had caused that kind of protest. I do suspect I saw more of the game than Coach Clawson did. Honestly, it looked a Dakich performance. And, I don't think Coach will have any credibility when he tells the team to move on and worry about the next play.

Tyler may have set a career high for passing yards, but there's more to this story than that.

Finally, I sit here tonight, with the disquieting thought that those moonshine-sodden Volunteer fans may have had a point.

No comments :