Thursday, October 01, 2009

Mgoblog Gives me "The gears"

So, in the review of the weekly blogpoll on CBSSports.com, the pollmaster, from mgoblog.com placed me on "wack ballot watch" with the following:


Falcon Nation has Oklahoma State #5 !?

Allow me to explain. I have the three undefeated teams major teams in the top 3. Then, you have spate of teams with one loss.

I judged Virginia Tech to be the best of those because they have a win over Miami (still a Top 10 team) and their loss is to Alabama, the #2 team in my poll. Get it...quality win, quality loss.

Now, Ok State has beaten Georgia (#10) and lost to Houston, #17 in my poll and much higher in other polls.

That puts them ahead of USC, which has a nice win against OSU (#12) but lost to a Washington team that is 2-2 with a loss to Stanford.

I have LSU behind them both. I considered putting LSU ahead of USC due to the fact LSU beat Washington, but LSU was unimpressive against Miss State and has had a relatively easy schedule.

Miami is next....their win over Florida State looks less impressive now (and less than beating Georgia or Ohio State) though they lost to what appears to be a really good Va Tech team.

I have Georgia in the #10 spot, and OK State beat them.

I'll do one more...Iowa is undefeated, and with a nice win over Penn State. They did have the close call against Northern Iowa...maybe they should be higher. It remains to see how Penn State will compare with Georgia.

Anwyay, that's my rationale for Oklahoma State. I think it is logical and rational.


3 comments :

Tim said...

I don't think they should be that high but I do think that it's reasonable to put them there.

I have them at 12 (not that anybody cares), but anything between 4-16 is a crap shoot at this point.

Anonymous said...

Although I disagree and you didn't convince me, at least you have your reasons.

Orange said...

Well, that's all I really wanted to demonstrate--that I had reasons for it. If everyone saw everything the same way, it wouldn't be a poll.