Friday, May 22, 2009

Good TV News

Hey, there was also some good news on the TV front for MAC fans. I have complained endlessly that our games on ESPNU are not truly on national television, because that channel does not penetrate into enough homes.

That took a big step to the positive when Comcast announced ESPNU would be offered, and it would be on the digital tier (in other words, a tier without an additional charge). Also, Comcast will begin to offer ESPN360 on line. (Previously, ESPNU was not even available on the sports tier).

I might be overly sensitive because I am a Comcast customer, but they are the largest cable provider in the country, so the addition of ESPNU onto the largest provider instantly puts our games into many more homes, and helps take the sting out of the sacrifice of Saturday football in November. Furthermore, in the MAC footprint, they are a very strong provider.

Check out Red and Black Attack....I echo his comments (Well, speechless might be a little strong for what I feel, but I more or less agree, LOL).

I'm speechless, really.

This is great news for the visibility of NIU and the MAC as a whole. This calms my nerves not only for the latter games of the next season being broadcast on ESPNU, but the "soul-selling" agreement that Rick Chryst signed with ESPN through the 2016-17 season. 3 out of our last 4 games this upcoming football season will be played on "The U"


Looking forward to having the ability to watch more MAC football and basketball next year.

No comments :