Friday, March 07, 2008

Pretty funny Stuff about Coach Brandon....apparently he is "sly, sly"

Here's some funny stuff. Its an interview with the former video coordinator at Northwestern, and he has some specific things that he seems to remember about Coach Brandon....read on....

Another favorite was Gregg Brandon, now the head coach at Bowling Green, but back then, the WR's coach for NU. I had a lot of fun working with Brando. Brando was, and still is, a sly, sly coach. I used to make coverage tapes for his receivers. One week, out of sheer boredom (and knowing I could get away with this with Brandon), I decided to tack on a couple of 'extra plays'. These 'extra plays' were from a tape that a producer friend of mine over at Fox Sports had given me. These 'extra plays' were, in a nutshell, scantily-clad women. So I give the tapes to Brando, and he comes up to me a couple of hours later saying how much he liked the tape. He also tells me to keep tacking on the 'extra plays', and not to tell his WR's. He wants to see how many of his players watch the tapes all the way through. Sure enough, a day or two later, a couple of the WR's come up to me saying how much they enjoyed the coverage tapes...although 'uncoverage' is probably a better term. After a week or two, I figured that the players would get wise and just start fast-forwarding to the end of the tape, so I decided to drop in these 'extra plays' throughout the tape....just to make sure they watched.

I wonder if he still uses this technique to get his players to watch film to the end?

Go Falcons.....

No comments :