Friday, March 30, 2007

Easy Falcon Nation

The news is shocking. Scooter McDougle, and possibly others, are alleged to be involved in point shaving. McDougle has been charged.

This is shocking, shocking news. It will bring ramifications to UT, and the MAC. It may well cost Amstutz his job. It apparently spread beyond the football team.

I have made my feelings clear on the Rockets here before.

Yet, today, I say this.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

We should avoid gloating, until we are sure our own house is clean. I'm not saying it isn't, but we aren't perfect.

Note this, as posted on AZZ.com....from some message boards frequented by gamblers, who seem to think MAC games are routinely fixed. FWIW.

Cites funny betting patterns....

Cites MAC games being taken off the board

My heart actually goes out to the Rocket fans, who are posting a collective primal wail.

The fact that something I have spent so much time and money follow with my heart could actually be fixed (or less than honest), that just makes me sick to my stomach. I can only imagine what they feel.

Someone in there mentioned the tip of an iceberg. I have a feeling by the time this is over, we're going to know a lot more, hopefully everything.

I can only hope that no Falcons had a role in this.

No comments :