Sunday, September 24, 2006

More Brandon goodness

More quotes from the press conference which are in The Blade, but not in the official BGSU set of quotes. Its no surprise why these didn't end up on BGSU's site:

When asked what Kent did to neutralize BG, Coach said:

"I don't think they did anything. We couldn't get out of our own way,'' said Brandon, referring to BG's six turnovers, several missed scoring opportunities, and countless mental errors. "We continually shot ourselves in the foot.

"Kent's an improved football team, but are they 35 points better than us? I ain't buying that.''

Don't get me wrong. I don't think they are 35 points better than us. And yes, we did shoot ourselves in the foot. On the other hand, Kent had a solid running game, and were the first team to totally shut down our running attack after an initial drive. They figured out we don't stay home and called a reverse on the first play of the game. So, I wouldn't say they didn't do "anything."

"You can't tell me we lost 38-3 to Kent State at home and we played hard,'' Brandon said.
Brandon had better be correct. Because the alternative is too scary to contemplate.

"You can't tell me we lose 38-3 to Kent State at home and we played hard," Brandon said. "That's just what I told the team. That's our job to evaluate, see who's going hard and giving great effort. Those are the guys who are getting on the bus to Athens."

This is, of course, the biggest indictment, and the biggest frustration of Falcon fans. We simply did not play hard.

No comments :