Thursday, October 31, 2013

MAC Blogger Roundtable...



This is the next installment of the MAC Blogger Roundtable....this week, the questions came from Let's Go Rockets.....my answers are below.

1. What one game left on your respective team’s schedule is an absolute must-win?

Well, in a way all of them. But, the real must-win is OU. That's for a couple of reasons. That's a key win to getting the East, but also this team was knocked on its butt by the UT loss and needs the win over OU to establish that this program is where everyone thought or hoped or wished it was. Again, BG needs all 4 wins, but the OU game is looming the largest.

2. Disregarding record and tie-ins, based on what you’ve seen through 9 weeks of the season, what one team would you like to have a shot at in a bowl or playoff game and why?

I'd be lying if I said anything other than this: I'd like to have a shot at Toledo in a playoff game. I believe the reasons are obvious.

3. We’ve seen a bevy of new bowl games with MAC tie-ins. What’s your take on the additional bowl games -- good exposure for MAC teams, too many bowl games already, or something in the middle?

I'm for the exposure for our teams and for the reward to our players for the work they put in. I am very worried about the sustainability of playing these games in front of mostly empty stadiums and having the MAC shell out huge dollars to participate, all in an age of austerity. It is a huge change. Falcon fans remember the fat punter play against CMU...there was no second bowl for the MAC then. In fact, for a while there was no bowl. Anyway, the answer is I am for the exposure but I believe that the system is unsustainable and I don't think the MAC or its schools should have to pay huge amounts of money to fill ESPN's schedule.

4. Power poll… rank the MAC teams 1-13

  1. NIU
  2. Ball State
  3. UT
  4. OU
  5. Buffalo
  6. BG
  7. CMU
  8. Kent
  9. Akron
  10. EMU
  11. WMU
  12. UMass
  13. Miami

No comments :