Friday, August 15, 2008

Pre-Season Blog Poll

Ah, yes. The Blogpoll is back. One of the things that makes college football fun is the ability to participate in the Blogpoll...a fun attempt by lowly bloggers to show up the media and coaching experts who produce the polls you see in the paper.

In case you are curious, here is what the Blogpollmaster, Brian of mgoblog.com has to say about the philosophy behind the poll....

The BlogPoll's concept of the best team in a sentence: the BlogPoll attempts to rank teams in order of season quality. This is impossible to do before the season and silly to do in the first few weeks, and at these times the poll should be regarded as an approximate guess of which teams will end the year with the highest season quality.
Therefore, for example, I think Utah might very well end up in a BCS game. But, I don't see the quality of their season being that strong at this point. Time will tell.

I like Florida. I like Urban Meyer. I think OSU could easily end up in the BCS game, both because they are an outstanding, well-coached football team, and because the Big 10 is a relatively easy road to walk. But, I think Florida is absolutely loaded this year.

Other notes:

  • Gary Pinkel. Top 10 again. Can you believe it?
  • I think MSU is a sleeper. I like their coach.
  • I think Texas Tech is a little overrated. They have a tendency to suck really bad like twice a season.
  • Penn State...no kidding. I didn't believe it myself, but if you look close, well...who is better?
  • South Florida could also run the table, very easily. BCS sneak-in alert, there.
  • No MAC teams. Gotta be true to my poll. The Poll of integrity. Stuff like that.

OK, enough. Here is what I think...enjoy, comment, laugh.

RankTeamDelta
1 Florida 25
2 Ohio State 24
3 Georgia 23
4 Southern Cal 22
5 Oklahoma 21
6 Clemson 20
7 Missouri 19
8 Auburn 18
9 LSU 17
10 Texas 16
11 West Virginia 15
12 Penn State 14
13 Texas Tech 13
14 South Carolina 12
15 South Florida 11
16 Tennessee 10
17 Wisconsin 9
18 Oregon 8
19 Brigham Young 7
20 Virginia Tech 6
21 Florida State 5
22 Kansas 4
23 Utah 3
24 Pittsburgh 2
25 Michigan State 1

Dropped Out:

No comments :