Monday, December 11, 2006

So, how'd we do

Catching up on what promises to be an extensive analysis of the Falcon football season...I know, the season has been over for a while. So, I've already flagellated myself repeatedly over my awful record picking MAC games. Let's see how I did on the Falcons games....

The record is, in fact, much better. I picked 7 of the 12 games right. I have done better, but there were some years when we had whole months of guaranteed wins. Not this team. I thought we would split OU and CMU--just got them backwards. Obviously, did not see the Temple loss coming. Thought we'd beat Miami, which we probably should have. Didn't see Kent coming.

I think we had modest expectations for this team, and yet the results were more modest than even we had anticipated (to put it in a capsule). I think if you beat Temple and Miami, you're 6-6 and the program feels a whole lot better about itself.


Sat 09/02/06 Wisconsin Cleveland, Ohio LOSERIGHT!
Sat 09/09/06 Buffalo Bowling Green, Ohio WINRIGHT!
Sat 09/16/06 Florida International Miami, Florida WINRIGHT!
Sat 09/23/06 Kent State Bowling Green, Ohio WINREAL, REAL WRONG
Sat 09/30/06 Ohio Athens, Ohio LOSEWRONG!
Sat 10/07/06 Ohio State Columbus, Ohio LOSERIGHT
Sat 10/14/06 Eastern Michigan Bowling Green, Ohio WINRIGHT
Thu 10/19/06 Central Michigan Mount Pleasant, Michigan LOSEWRONG
Sat 10/28/06 Temple Philadelphia, Pa. WINWRONG! (Oh, the humanity)
Sat 11/04/06 Akron Akron, Ohio LOSERIGHT!
Wed 11/15/06 Miami (Oh) Bowling Green, Ohio WINWRONG!
Tue 11/21/06 Toledo Toledo, Ohio LOSERIGHT!

No comments :