Sunday, March 17, 2024

Now there are 8

 

Now 56 elapsed years since BG has been in the NCAA tournament.  Here is the company we live with now.  There are 8 now, as St. Francis (NY) left this list by eliminating their athletics program. They are the 2nd to voluntarily and permanently exit...Centenary dropped to DIII a while back.

Columbia: Last appeared in 1968
Tennessee Tech: Last appeared in 1963
Maine: Division I since 1962
New Hampshire: Division I since 1962
Dartmouth: Last appeared in 1959
Army: Division I since 1948
Citadel: Division I since 1948
William & Mary: Division I since 1948

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well, at least we get one more game in the Stroh on Wednesday night. It isn't the NCAA, but at least it is something.

Anonymous said...

2 Ivy's, 2 military academies, 2 schools with zero local talent to draw from, 1 school just fired their coach. I'd say it's a race between us and Tennessee Tech.

Orange said...

William and Mary has actually come closer than anyone...

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, how does this CIT tournament work? I found this schedule, but I can't seem to find a bracket indicating where BG will go if they win on Wednesday.
https://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule-results.php

Orange said...

Literally no idea. I think they make it up as they go. In the past, one of these tournaments requires teams to pay for home games and sometimes can't find someone willing to host. It doesn't function as a "real" tournament.

Anonymous said...

Definitely, and now they are getting a great coach in Cornell's Brian Earl.